One of the funny things about my job is that I go to conferences all around the world and talk to folks about Camden. Of course, I do the same thing here — over a pint, or at Camden Supper Club, or just in passing around the city — but rarely do I give a formal research presentation in the city. 

So I wanted to make sure to invite you to a small talk I’m giving this Wednesday at Rutgers. 

I know it can be hard for folks to get to campus during their lunch break (and that Rutgers “free period” isn’t perfectly aligned with lunch anyway), but I’d love to see some of you here for this! 

The talk is Wednesday, 11:20am-12:30pm in the campus center. I’ll be touching on something that I’ve heard so often from residents — how housing segregation touches on the day-to-day experience of being in our nonprofit sector. I’ll be talking about the segregated nature of the nonprofit sector, the impact that has on the day-to-day work of nonprofits and economic impact of that segregation.

A big thanks to the residents who have helped me get a handle on this issue. It’s an honor to be able to build on some of the observations and experiences folks have so generously shared with me. I hope to see some of you on Wednesday! 

Edit: Thanks to everyone who is reaching out about this. You’re all too kind! A few have asked about live streaming — Rutgers has put together a livestream for the event, and I’ll be sure to share the video afterwards. Here’s the link

Comments

• It was streamed earlier today — I’m getting the video from the university, will post and make sure to share with you.

• Hi Stephen,
    I trust that this message finds you well – It’s been a while since we last spoke (9 years?). Although I’m in Africa, I’m keen to hear about your findings because I’m particularly interested in the subject.

Best wishes as always,

Nakedi