I haven’t had a lot of election coverage here, but image as we get to the home stretch I’ll try to highlight some more info. There was an interesting policy nugget or two in Kevin Riordan’s article over the weekend about the GOP candidates for Camden County Freeholder: 

Like Smith, Liddell – a Chicago native, West Point product (Class of ’90), and lawyer – met me with talking points at the ready. He says county residents are overtaxed (I agree) and underrepresented (ditto) by a perpetually if not permanently single-party freeholder board.

(Let’s note that a Rutgers University Center for Government Services researcher determined in a study published this year that of the 30 municipalities with the highest overall tax burden, relative to income, in the state, nine are in Camden County.)

Liddell, like his running mate, says he’s encouraged by what he hears from the public.

“When I’m walking in different towns, the big response I get is, ‘Wow, a breath of fresh air,’ ” he says, adding: “I understand very well that [winning] this is a real challenge. But what’s really on the ballot is 20-plus years of the performance of the Camden County freeholder board.”

Perhaps.

Go read the whole thing, and feel free to drop your comments on the election here in the comments. 

Photo by Andrew Thayer

Please “like” the Local Knowledge Blog on Facebook!

Tags: