In the midst of so many contentious policy discussions, many of which I’m simply exhausted to be covering, I’ve been relaxing by going with friends to check out Camden restaurants. Oddly, last week Kevin Riordan came out to my “Camden Supper Club” and wrote us up in the paper. Trust me, I’m as surprised as anyone that it’s 1) news and 2) that anyone could take us seriously with the Camden Supper Club name. I’m pretty sure that started as a joke hashtag on twitter. 

A week ago, the Camden Supper Club was mostly stood for “my friends going out to dinner.” But now that it’s hit the presses and I wanted to share with all of you. You are, of course, invited! Here’s the email I sent out today to the crew:

Friends:

Well, the Camden Supper Club has gone public! Thanks to all who came out last month, and thanks to all who read Kevin’s article in the paper and thought they’d like to join us in Camden this month. Here are April’s Supper Club details:

Date: Wednesday, April 22nd
Time: 5:45pm
Location: Pho Tan Phat, 3301 Westfield Ave., Camden NJ 08105

One of my students actually did a review of the restaurant. 

Note the earlier start time (5:45pm) – Pho Tan Phat closes at 7pm, so I wanted to make sure we had some time to meet up. If you need a ride, let me know. I’ll be driving folks from the PATCO downtown at about 5:20pm, and we’ve had plenty of cars in the past and have been able to help folks get home. 

With the anticipated larger numbers as a result of the article, we’re going to have to be a little more strict about RSVPs. Joseph talked to the restaurant management (thanks Joseph!) and they said they could accommodate about 20 folks, but beyond that, they needed to be able to do more prep in the kitchen.

There’s a decent chance we’ll get to 20 (we were at 15 last month), so here’s what I’d like you to do. Check out the menu. Take a look. When you RSVP, let me know if you’ll be having Pho, or some other type of dish. That way we can give them an estimate of what we’ll likely be having, and not overrun the kitchen. 

There may be more changes as we talk more to the restaurant and adjust to our new growth, but for now that should do it. As always, let me know if you’d like to be taken off this list. Joseph also set up a Facebook Page for us now too so that folks curious about the club could get details.

And, of course, happy to have so many new faces on board with our “regulars”. Or, as regular as any of us can be having only met three times. But the food has been great and the company has been better. Can’t wait to see all of you. 

Best,
Stephen (and Joseph)

Comments

• Do u meet in the day as we don’t drive at night. Both of us born and raised in North Camden and love to talk about it. Thanks