Tomorrow, the #WeChoose campaign has an opportunity to interview Journey4Justice leader Jitu Brown in anticipation of their week of action. 

Journey4Justice has been a leader on racial justice in education space. I’ve seen Jitu Brown speak numerous times, and he’s simply incredible. So please consider joining the call if you’re a blogger or journalist. Here’s the details. 

The Badass Teachers Association (BATs) is a part of the coalition, and provides the information for how to sign up for the event:

We have scheduled the interview on Zoom for Thursday, 1/25/18 at 8PM EST/7PM CST/5PM PST.

If you would like to join us and support the #WeChoose Education mission please RSVP to us at contact.batmanager@gmail.com no later than Wednesday 1/24/18. We will send you the log in info for the Zoom Town Hall.

But I also wanted to take a moment to talk about #WeChoose and Journey4Justice’s impact in Camden. I’ve long admired the folks involved in both Camden Parents United and the Camden Student Union. When I was relatively new to the city, CSU was staging walkouts and protests. 

I’ve been exceptionally pleased to see these groups get involved with #WeChoose and Journey4Justice. First, it amplifies local Camden issues. But it’s also a tremendous opportunity for local activists to learn from successful national activism campaigns. Too often, that long-term development is neglected because the immediately work is so challenging and so all-encompassing. It’s great seeing a national organization build capacity across struggling cities, including Camden, and it’s even better to see activists I admire getting support and able to do more here. It’s powerful work, and needed work. 

Join #WeChoose Week – Jan 21-27!!#WeChoose Public Education, NOT the Illusion of Choice Sunday, January 21st Join Our…

Posted by WeChoose Campaign on Friday, January 19, 2018